Historical Changes Happening Right Now - CellPhones, Twitter, Facebook & Realformation

Clay Shirky has his finger on the pulse of the New Realformation Age. Realformation? Real-Time-Information, yes that's a word I just thought up but it's accurate. It's here, it's now and it's happening with or without you.

I went on a double date with my wife and some friends last night and we documented the fun on Facebook. Before we had even arrived at the restaurant we already had 2 comments related to the photo I posted of us driving there. Many more rolled in throughout the night. Not historical or groundbreaking but definitely indicates that communication as we know it is changing rapidly.

My mom even follows my Facebook updates because she lives in Colorado and it's the most up-to-date place she can see what is happening in our lives and to see the latest photos of her grandkids (no phone call required).

With my iPhone I can take a photo and add a caption within about 60 - 120 seconds and update my twitter and facebook accounts. No cables, no downloading to a laptop, no waiting = Realformation!

Clay Shirky is a master at pulling it all together and this video depicts real time and extremely impactful examples of how this medium can literally elect a president and begin to change countries policies about realformation. Enjoy...and get engaged.

blog comments powered by Disqus